Kern County has declared a local emergency related to the coronavirus. Effective May 18, Auditor-Controller will be handling transactions by mail and email. In-person services will be by appointment only. For additional information email or call (661) 868-3599.

Auditor - Controller - County Clerk

Mary B. Bedard, CPA

1115 Truxtun Avenue Bakersfield, CA 93301-4639

Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mon-Fri 661-868-3599


  • How do I know who to contact at my department if I have a payroll question? AuditorNet has a complete list of Department Contacts. To access it go to AuditorNet’s homepage, select the Help tab, Contact List, enter your Department number in the Department field and hit enter.
  • Direct Deposit can only be set up to one designated account.
  • How do I change my direct deposit information? Should your banking information need to be changed, ACH cards are available at your department’s payroll section or the payroll section in the Auditor’s Office. A voided check or a verification letter from your bank is required.
  • Moving? Remember to change your address when certifying your timesheet in TRACS or contact your department’s payroll clerk with questions.
  • Separating from the County i.e. retiring, extra help ending, resigning, terminated? Final pay is mailed to the current address on file. Remember to update your address if moving prior to receiving your final pay and for W2 purposes.
  • Final pay is issued following the normal processing for pay and is mailed to the current address on file. You can expect to receive your check in the mail. A replacement check can be issued no earlier than the Friday following Tuesday’s pay date.
  • Payroll questions - i.e. I think I should have received more pay, why was my time calculated as straight time? Contact your department’s payroll clerk.
  • Deductions questions - If you view your paystub in AuditorNet there are links you can select and it will give you the contact information or call your department’s payroll clerk.
  • W4 including Exempt can now be processed by employees by going to AuditorNet’s homepage and selecting Update Your W-4 Tax Withholdings. Only the employee has access to update their own W4. If you have questions about updating your W4, please contact your department’s payroll clerk.
  • Wage garnishment modifications, terminations or any update should be faxed to the Auditor’s office at 661-868-3560.
  • Travel Advance repayments must be sent to the Auditor’s office if not being deducted from your paycheck.